The Care Communities seeks a warm, welcoming, bi-lingual person who is fluent in Spanish and English to fill the position of Volunteer Manager. This position is responsible for training and supporting more than 200 volunteers (grouped into “Care Teams”) who provide practical, non-medical help to a person with HIV/AIDS or cancer. Geography served will range from central Austin north into Williamson County. This individual will also provide case management for a limited number of Spanish speaking only clients, and will work collaboratively with a Social Work Coordinator who will manage the majority of clients cared for by the Care Teams. Together they will work to ensure satisfaction of volunteers and clients.
• Organize new volunteers into “Care Teams” and coordinate match with a client.
• Serve as advocate and guide for Care Teams.
• Maintain monthly volunteer statistic and outcome measures.
• Conduct annual volunteer survey to gauge volunteer satisfaction and agency support of volunteers.
• Coordinate volunteer renewal and recognition events and mailings.
• Assess and provide case management for Spanish speaking clients.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field, humanities, social work, or volunteer management
• At least 2 years of experience in volunteer management
• Fully fluent in both English/Spanish
• Must have the ability to travel in Travis and Williamson Counties
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and public speaking)
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Must be very computer literate. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and run various database functions and reports on a monthly basis to determine volunteer retention and volunteer hours donated.
Benefit package includes health insurance and paid time off. This position will entail some evening and weekend work with necessity to work flexible hours. It also requires working in our Georgetown office once a week. This position begins in February 2nd, 2015.
Interested candidates should email a resume, salary requirements and letter of interest with details about how you can support our volunteer population and maintain the quality of their volunteer experience while meeting the growing needs of our ill clients to Daniel Holland LMSW at firstname.lastname@example.org.